Sam Shepherd with ValAsta Explains the damage of Chronic Inflammation
Inflammation is a normal part of the body’s defense to injury or infection, and, in this way, it is beneficial. But inflammation is damaging when it occurs in healthy tissues or lasts too long. Known as Chronic Inflammation, it may persist for months or years.
Inflammation may result from many factors, such as:
- Environmental chemicals
- Injuries like scrapes, insect stings, or a splinter in your finger
- Pathogens (germs) like bacteria, viruses, or fungi
Inflammation plays a key role in many diseases, some of which are becoming more common and severe. Chronic inflammatory diseases contribute to more than half of deaths worldwide.
Chronic Inflammation is associated with diseases such as the following:
- Autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis
- Cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure and heart disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders like inflammatory bowel disease
- Lung diseases like asthma
- Mental illnesses like depression
- Metabolic diseases like Type 2 diabetes
- Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s disease
- Many types of cancer, like colon and breast cancer
ValAsta, as measured by C Reactive Protein, reduces inflammation there by reducing the probability of acquiring a life-threatening disease.
Samuel Shepherd (Founder / Research Scientist, Biochemical / Environmental Engineer)